In many ways, account-based marketing (ABM) revolutionized the traditional approach to B2B sales. The ABM model allows sales and marketing teams to combine their efforts and focus on the same potential buyers proactively. For example, they can launch marketing campaigns that use insights derived from initial sales conversations.
Integrating ABM principles into your company requires combining sales prospecting, personal connections, and effective drip campaigns. How do you integrate such a MarTech stack in one place? You need a good account-based marketing platform, such as Demandbase.
What Is Demandbase Account-Based Marketing?
Demandbase is an account-intelligence tool that strives to unify all relevant marketing and sales data — from firmographic to contacts to technographic to account ID to in-market intent — to suggest ideas and personalized experiences for your key accounts.
As a result, you can reduce blind spots and receive new insights to use throughout the buyer journey.
Demandbase’s ABM product is called ABX Cloud (account-based experience). Its goal is to address the breakdown in communication between sales and marketing teams.
ABX Cloud offers predictive analytics to identify accounts that might be a good fit at any given moment. Throughout the ABX Cloud process, users can rely on marketing automation to minimize manual tasks and measure engagement with an account-based (as opposed to lead-based) analytics stack.
Besides ABX Cloud, Demandbase also has Advertising Cloud, Data Cloud, and Sales Intelligence Cloud.
- 400 billion account-identification signals processed every year
- 40,000+ news sources analyzed for up-to-date information
- 18,000+ technologies tracked, including ones behind the firewall
- 47+ million companies in the database
Why Should Customers Seek Demandbase Alternatives?
Demandbase is a popular enterprise-level ABM solution for unifying sales and marketing teams. So why would you look for an alternative?
First, Demandbase is targeted and priced for enterprise users, with all the complexity that brings. For smaller and mid-sized companies, this platform might not simply be worth it.
Second, due to primarily being an enterprise app, Demandbase is not that simple to use. Mastering it requires passing certification courses, which might slow down the app’s adoption within your company.
Third, Demandbase is probably not a good choice as a solution for a single problem. It’s a platform that solves misalignment between sales and marketing teams as well as various issues throughout the buyer journey.
All these things might make Demandbase the wrong choice for your company. But what if you’re still looking for an ABM solution?
Here are five tools that can be considered a Demandbase alternative and competitors, and which can replace all or some of the functionality that Demandbase brings.
1. Triblio: A Multi-Channel Customer Experience
Triblio is a product that is similar to Demandbase in a lot of ways, but feels more streamlined in its goal — to uncover new opportunities and create campaigns that target them across the buyer journey.
In gathering in-market intent data, Triblio uses human-verified signals and contact-level data as well as third-party data from a variety of external sources.
Orchestrating complex ABM campaigns also becomes easy with a drag-and-drop editor that has logic and step-by-step sequences built-in.
- Drag-and-drop ABM orchestration UI
- Reporting metrics for the whole campaign
- Smart Score identifies the most promising opportunities
- Ads that reach the whole buying group, not just individual leads
- Retargeting campaigns and website personalization
2. RollWorks: Find Buyers With Cross-Channel Campaigns
If you’re looking for an easier way to increase your sales pipeline, RollWorks might be another solution to consider.
RollWorks offers an intuitive three-step ABM process:
- Identifying target accounts for both sales and marketing teams
- Engaging buying committees and developing customer relationships
- Measuring the efficacy of your new marketing stack
This marketing software also integrates with the most popular CRM and marketing automation platforms, such as HubSpot, Marketo, and Salesforce. In general, RollWorks is a good choice if you don’t need all the complexity of Demandbase and Triblio.
- 18 million vetted B2B companies in the database
- Account scoring focusing on deals that are most likely to close
- 320 million verified contacts
- An end-to-end analytics tool, from ad campaigns to web visits
- 98% of visitors can be reach later with retargeting
3. Madison Logic: Well-Priced Sales Account Conversions
Madison Logic helps integrate the ABM strategy across three categories: content syndication, display advertising, and social advertising.
ABM content syndication finds in-market accounts while they research similar solutions.
ABM display advertising drives consideration with target accounts throughout the buyer journey.
ABM social advertising works with LinkedIn to maximize exposure to potential customers who are most likely to buy.
- 250 million professionals in the database across 38 industries
- 15 million target accounts in 130 countries
- 245 million monthly interactions
- Reduced social media management spending with unified multi-channel activation
- Double the resulting sales conversion rate, on average
4. 6sense: ABM-Led Sales & Marketing Automation
Another large ABX platform is 6sense. The goal of 6sense is to uncover all the hidden buyer behavior and in-market accounts across every channel, including those who are already in your funnel, so that your sales and marketing teams can be more effective.
Using 6sense is a three-stage process:
- Capture works with your CRM to leverage any customer relationships and find opportunities during the buyer journey
- Target helps personalize engagement for better sales results
- Boost integrates into your sales stack and uses its AI to bring intelligence to the tools you already use
- Dynamic AI-based journeys based on real-time buying behavior
- 120% improvement in revenue generation based on timing predictions
- CRM integration for first- and third-party data analysis
- Identifying the most important contact within an account to engage
- Turning intent signals into actionable insights
5. Lift AI: Buyer Intent for All Potential Customers
While the ABX tools mentioned above have great customer satisfaction scores and are used by global companies and digital agencies, they are missing the holy grail of sales — real-time buyer intent — that a solution like Lift AI can provide.
Lift AI is an intelligence layer that enriches your sales and marketing stack with accurate buyer intent data. Lift AI’s insights are based on a unique machine-learning model trained on billions of data points, including 14 million live sales interactions.
The way Lift AI works is by integrating with sales tools and platforms (e.g. the ones mentioned above or online chat) and identifying visitors with the highest buyer intent (around 9% of traffic) with 85% accuracy.
Integrated with chat, Lift AI automatically segments high-intent visitors and connects them to your BDRs, while delegating medium- and low-intent visitors to a nurturing bot or a self-help guide.
- Unique buyer intent detection in real time
- Works with sales, marketing automation, or chat tools you already use (e.g. Drift)
- Interprets both first- and third-party data
- Has no effect on cookie settings or security measures for privacy
- Doesn’t require any special training or coding skills to install
When you use Lift AI, you start seeing immediate results. Customers have reported two to 10 times increase in chat conversions with Lift AI within just 90 days. PointClickCare saw 400% growth, for example.