The data is encrypted in transit using SSL/TLS (i.e. HTTPS). The data is not encrypted at rest, due to the performance/latency overhead it would cause on the real-time interactions and data processing. By design, Lift AI uses very low risk, anonymized data, that is not deemed necessary to encrypt.
Data access is given only to Lift AI employees that have meet our full background check requirements, and that are in only the following roles:
- IT Senior Administrators
- Machine Learning Engineers
- Business Intelligence Engineers
- Servers and operating systems are hardened according to best practices.
- 24/7 monitoring and incident response.
- Redundancy, Backup, and Disaster Recovery capabilities.
- Business Continuity Plan in place
A “feature” is a term in Machine Learning which refers to a data point that the machine learning model reads to make a prediction about a visitor’s conversion probability. The full list of features is included in the appendix but includes things like:
- Campaign history
- Pageview history