Option A: Install Yourself Using Google
Step 1: Click on "Install Now With Google Account"
- Head to lift-ai.com/signup-free-trial
- Click on "Install Now With Google Account"
- This will take you to the sign up process
- Note that you can also access the installation via Drift's integration page (app.drift.com)
Step 2: Click on "Sign Up With Google"
- Click on "Sign In With Google" on the right of the screen
Step 3: Sign In With Google
- Lift AI delivers score information to Google Analytics in the form of “Events” - you can see the reports yourself inside of Google Analytics. Lift AI also uses this information to deliver a “Revenue Assessment” for you, finding new opportunities to create revenue based on the score analytics.
- On the next pop up window, you will be asked to Sign in with Google. This is because Lift AI needs access to Google Analytics in order to measure and improve performance.
- Please use your business Google account, whichever has access to Google Analytics
- If you do not have a Google account or use another web analytics software, please contact Lift AI support and they will set you up manually.
Step 4: Select Your Google Analytics Version
- Click on “Google Analytics”
- Select the most recent version available. The system automatically shows versions that are available to you based on your Google Account.
- A pop up window will appear (see Step 5)
Note: If you don’t use Google Analytics, or you use Adobe Analytics, contact Lift AI support
Step 5: Grant Permission to Google Analytics
- Once you have selected your Google Analytics version, Lift AI needs to be granted access.
- This is how Lift AI is authorized to send score information into Google Analytics
- After entering your account information again, you can click “Continue”
Step 6: Add Company Info
- Please add your Company name
- Then, select the corresponding website that you want Lift AI to score
- This drop-down list is automatically pulled from your Google Analytics account
Step 7: Install Lift AI Code
- Now that you have connected Google Analytics and the correct website domain, Lift AI will generate a unique code snippet
- You need to install this code snippet on your website, using one of several options
- Either, copy and paste the code into the </head> of your website’s master code
- Or, you can install automatically via Google Tag Manager or other tools shown, if you have those tools already installed (simply follow the pop-up instructions for each)
- Once finished, click “Validate Code Deployed”
- If successful, you will be directed to the next page. If not, you will receive an error message
- If you have multiple sites you want to score, you can either put the same snippet on both sites to report on them both combined or complete this whole process again to generate a new snippet for other sites to have reporting that shows each sites’ score separately..
Step 8: Complete!
- Lift AI is now actively scoring visitors on your website
- The last page of the installation process will provide you with information on what you can expect next, including helpful links to learn more
Option B: Install Manually via Website or Tag Manager
1. Paste Code
Copy the snippet of JS code we provide you and paste it just before the closing of the header section </head> tag of a test page of your website. This will require back-end access to your website, so you may need to contact your IT team or web developer to help with this if you don't have access yourself.
Or, Install via Google Tag Manager
Instead of pasting the code on your website, you can install Lift AI as a "custom HTML tag" via Google Tag Manager (GTM)
Step 1: Install HTML Tag
To create a new Custom HTML tag:
- Click Tags New.
- Click Tag Configuration and select Custom HTML.
If you get stuck during this process, see Google's own instruction page for installing a custom HTML tag.
2. Push Code Live
Push the code change live to your production website and take note of the test page URL
3. Notify Lift AI Team
Notify us that it is live and we will do the rest! Once this code is added, Lift AI will begin scoring all your visitors!
Example Code Snippet
<!--BEGIN MarketLinc Lift-AI Monitor. -->
<!-- END MarketLinc Lift-AI Monitor. -->
4. Publish Code Cross Full Site
Once we have verified that the test page is working as expected, we'll let you know that the code is ready to be deployed across all pages of your website. Most website back-ends have the option to have a piece of code installed site-wide, rather than you having to manually place the code on each individual page.
5. Connect to Google Analytics
What do we measure with analytics? We measure conversion and chat events that are used to create the Lift AI dashboards. This method of collecting conversions and chat events ensures that how we measure your goals is consistent with how you do. It also makes integration quick and easy!
5a. Add GA User
Add a User Account to Google with the email firstname.lastname@example.org. To do this, head to your Google Analytics, then click on "Admin" (shown as a cog wheel). Then click on "Account Access Management" and then the blue "+" symbol and then "Add Users".
5b. Add Permissions
Configure this user with read and analyze permissions
5c. Add Custom Dimensions
We will need two custom dimensions created from the Admin > Custom Definitions menu, one called “Visitor ID” (User Scope) and the second called “Visitor Score” (Session Scope)
5d. Send Information
When finished, please send us your View ID and the Index numbers for the 2 global variables
For Compliance Teams
How does Lift AI Protect my Data?
Lift AI is operated by MarketLinc. All security and compliance policies maintained my MarketLinc apply in their entirety to the Lift AI product.
- Lift AI does not capture any sensitive personally identifiable information (PII)
- Data that is stored is behavioral, not identifiable
- Current ISO 27001 certification is maintained
- GDPR and CCPA regulations are followed, where applicable
Security measures are maintained to ensure that data is protected in our systems, including monitoring and improving our application, systems, and processes to meet growing demands and challenges. To this end we maintain a current ISO 27001 certificate, and follow regulations such as GDPR and CCPA, where applicable.
MarketLinc has had international operations for years and we are familiar with current data privacy rules, such as GDPR and CCPA, etc. However, our primary focus is to limit or completely remove any personal/privacy information from being collected or used in our operations, so we will not have any risk in this area. For more information please visit our Privacy page.
Frequently Asked Questions
What sensitive personally identifiable information does Lift AI collect?
None. Lift AI may collect and store your website visitors non-sensitive data, such as site navigation history and campaign, but does not collect sensitive personal or financial information like credit cards, name, phone number, email address, mailing addresses. At no point will this information be shared with a third party.
Does Lift AI enable customers to opt in to have their information tracked?
Tracking of visitor data is controlled by the web property on which Lift AI is being used (e.g. the “accept cookies” button that will appear on the website).
Where do we store the data collected for Lift AI?
Lift AI stores data in a firewalled network that adheres to high security and industry standards. All of the data is stored in North America.
How long does Lift AI store visitor data?
Visitor scores will be optimized and deliver a higher degree of accuracy when all relevant visitor history is included in the evaluation data, including data related to previous site visits. MarketLinc can create a custom data retention policy for individual Lift AI customers if required. If a custom Data Retention Policy is not required, Lift AI Retention Policy is 15 months (no data being sensitive personally identifiable information).
How do we protect data that is stored?
The data is encrypted in transit using SSL/TLS (i.e. HTTPS). The data is not encrypted at rest, due to the performance/latency overhead it would cause on the real-time interactions and data processing. By design, Lift AI uses very low risk, anonymized data, that is not deemed necessary to encrypt.
Data access is given only to Lift AI employees that have meet our full background check requirements, and that are in only the following roles:
- IT Senior Administrators
- Machine Learning Engineers
- Business Intelligence Engineers
- Servers and operating systems are hardened according to best practices.
- 24/7 monitoring and incident response.
- Redundancy, Backup, and Disaster Recovery capabilities.
- Business Continuity Plan in place
How does Lift AI use the data that is collected?
Lift AI is a Machine Learning application that uses the data collected to predict a visitor’s probability of converting. The model evaluates a number of features/elements that are collected about website visitors, and identifies patterns that are more likely to reflect conversion intent. Once the model processes the data, it outputs a score for the visitor which is deposited into a 1st party cookie. This score can then be read by other applications that are enabled to read cookies on your website, such as chat tools, web analytics tools, or marketing automation tools.
What is a feature?
A “feature” is a term in Machine Learning which refers to a data point that the machine learning model reads to make a prediction about a visitor’s conversion probability. The full list of features is included in the appendix but includes things like:
- Campaign history
- Pageview history
Can I link the data in Lift AI to my user data?
Out of the box, Lift AI is set up so applications can read and use the cookie to trigger a behaviour, such as invite the visitor to chat, but does not store the score in a user record in these applications, nor does it collect user data to store in the Lift AI database.
For customers that would like to collect the visitor score and update a field within those applications, you can use our API to do so. Please contact your client success manager for details on how to set this up.
How do we enforce and manage data privacy requests?
Help and Contact Information
- Client Success
- Technical Professional Services