Phase 1: Install Lift AI Verification & Functionality Code
Written instructions can be found below.
Step 1: Sign up for a Free Trial
If you haven't already signed up for a free trial, follow these steps:
- Go to lift-ai.com/signup-free-trial
- Fill out the form and press "Request Free Trial"
- You will be directed to a thank you page with a button to begin the installation process
- Alternatively, you can access the installation via Drift's integration page (app.drift.com)
If you have signed up for a free trial already, click here to begin the installation process.
Step 2: Sign In With Google
- On the first page, click on "Sign In With Google" on the right of the screen
Step 3: Login with Google & Add Company Name
- In the pop-up window, Sign in with your Google Account*.
- When prompted, enter your company name, and you will be directed to the installation page.
*If you do not have a Google account, please contact Lift AI support and they will set you up manually.
Step 4: Connect Google Tag Manager (Optional)
- To deploy Lift AI Code via Google Tag Manager Integration, click on "Connect Google Tag Manager."
- If you plan on installing Lift AI code on your website manually, skip this step
- On the integration page, click the toggle button to enable the integration.
- Authenticate with your Google Tag Manager Account
- Please click "Select All" for the permissions
- Scroll down, and select "Continue".
Step 5: Add and Verify Your Website
Before Lift AI can be installed, we need to verify that you own the property before we provide installation code. This prevents users from inputting fake domains or competitor sites.
- On the left-side menu of the screen, click on "Install Lift AI"
- Click the purple button for "Add a Site"
- Enter the Website URL and select "Generate Code"
- This code is purely for validation purposes, and is not Lift AI functionality
- Lift AI will generate a unique verification code snippet
- Either copy the generated code snippet into the </head> of your website’s master code or create and publish a custom html tag in your Tag Management Tool
- Instructions for how to do this can be found at the bottom of this article, called "Tips: Adding Lift AI Code to Google Tag Manager
- Once that has been done, click "Verify Now"
- Once validation passes, the Lift AI functional code will be generated for your site
Step 5: Inject the Lift AI Functionality Code
You will now see the full Lift AI functionality code in the grey box.
The steps to install this code are similar to before, however:
- If you connected Google Tag Manager, select “Inject Tag” to deploy the code to do so automatically.
Alternatively, you can:
- Use GTM directly by copying the code and configuring a custom HTML tag
- Or, manually paste this is in the </head> of your website code so it appears on every page.
Once the code has been added to your site through either of these methods, Lift AI will begin scoring.
- To score multiple sites, follow the instructions above to add and install the code for each additional website.
Phase 2: Connect to Google Analytics
What do we measure with analytics?
Our Google Analytics integration enables you the slice your GA data by Lift AI Buyer Intent Segments. It also allows us to measure conversions to improve model performance to provide insightful dashboards. This method of collecting conversions and chat events ensures that how we measure your goals is consistent with how you currently do.
Integrate GA Via Lift AI Portal
- Step 1: Open the Integrations Page of Lift AI
- Step 2: Toggle the “Enable Google Analytics” button (note this works for GA4 too)
- Step 3: Login to Google Analytics credentials to authorize the connection, then press continue.
Within 24 hours, Lift AI scores will populate Google Analytics as events.
Viewing Lift AI Scores in Google Analytics
Now that GA is connected to Lift AI, you can see the scores and reports inside of GA accordingly.
If you are still using the deprecated GA3, you can view instructions here.
Tips: How to Add Lift AI Code to Google Tag Manager
Instead of pasting the code on your website manually, you can install Lift AI as a "custom HTML tag" via Google Tag Manager (GTM)
Step 1: Install HTML Tag
To create a new Custom HTML tag:
- Click on the Tags menu on the left of the screen, then the "New" button
- Name the tag "Lift AI Verify"
- Click Tag Configuration and select "Custom HTML" from the slide-out menu
- Copy the tag code provided by Lift AI and paste it into the HTML field
- Click on Triggering and select "All Pages" from the slide-out menu
- Press "Save" when finished
2. Publish the Google Tag Live
Now that you've added the new Tag, you need to publish it live.
From any screen, click on "Submit" on the top right
On the pop-up window, press "Publish" on the top right
You can add details to the pop-up window if you wish, or you can just press Skip or Continue
3. Verify the Tag on Lift AI Portal
Back on the Lift AI installation instructions portal, make sure you're on the "Install Lift AI" page which is found on the left side of the screen
Find the website listing you added, and click on the "Verify Now" button
If successful, you will see a message. If not, you may need to contact Lift AI for assistance.
4. Press the "Inject Tag" Button
Once the verification process has finished, click on the "Inject Tag" button
On the next screen, click "Inject Code" button
When finished, you will return back to the Install Lift AI page
For Compliance Teams
How does Lift AI Protect my Data?
Lift AI is operated by MarketLinc. All security and compliance policies maintained my MarketLinc apply in their entirety to the Lift AI product.
- Lift AI does not capture any sensitive personally identifiable information (PII)
- Data that is stored is behavioral, not identifiable
- Current ISO 27001 certification is maintained
- GDPR and CCPA regulations are followed, where applicable
Security measures are maintained to ensure that data is protected in our systems, including monitoring and improving our application, systems, and processes to meet growing demands and challenges. To this end we maintain a current ISO 27001 certificate, and follow regulations such as GDPR and CCPA, where applicable.
MarketLinc has had international operations for years and we are familiar with current data privacy rules, such as GDPR and CCPA, etc. However, our primary focus is to limit or completely remove any personal/privacy information from being collected or used in our operations, so we will not have any risk in this area. For more information please visit our Privacy page.
Frequently Asked Questions
What sensitive personally identifiable information does Lift AI collect?
None. Lift AI may collect and store your website visitors non-sensitive data, such as site navigation history and campaign, but does not collect sensitive personal or financial information like credit cards, name, phone number, email address, mailing addresses. At no point will this information be shared with a third party.
Does Lift AI enable customers to opt in to have their information tracked?
Tracking of visitor data is controlled by the web property on which Lift AI is being used (e.g. the “accept cookies” button that will appear on the website).
Where do we store the data collected for Lift AI?
Lift AI stores data in a firewalled network that adheres to high security and industry standards. All of the data is stored in North America.
How long does Lift AI store visitor data?
Visitor scores will be optimized and deliver a higher degree of accuracy when all relevant visitor history is included in the evaluation data, including data related to previous site visits. MarketLinc can create a custom data retention policy for individual Lift AI customers if required. If a custom Data Retention Policy is not required, Lift AI Retention Policy is 15 months (no data being sensitive personally identifiable information).
How do we protect data that is stored?
The data is encrypted in transit using SSL/TLS (i.e. HTTPS). The data is not encrypted at rest, due to the performance/latency overhead it would cause on the real-time interactions and data processing. By design, Lift AI uses very low risk, anonymized data, that is not deemed necessary to encrypt.
Data access is given only to Lift AI employees that have meet our full background check requirements, and that are in only the following roles:
- IT Senior Administrators
- Machine Learning Engineers
- Business Intelligence Engineers
- Servers and operating systems are hardened according to best practices.
- 24/7 monitoring and incident response.
- Redundancy, Backup, and Disaster Recovery capabilities.
- Business Continuity Plan in place
How does Lift AI use the data that is collected?
Lift AI is a Machine Learning application that uses the data collected to predict a visitor’s probability of converting. The model evaluates a number of features/elements that are collected about website visitors, and identifies patterns that are more likely to reflect conversion intent. Once the model processes the data, it outputs a score for the visitor which is deposited into a 1st party cookie. This score can then be read by other applications that are enabled to read cookies on your website, such as chat tools, web analytics tools, or marketing automation tools.
What is a feature?
A “feature” is a term in Machine Learning which refers to a data point that the machine learning model reads to make a prediction about a visitor’s conversion probability. The full list of features is included in the appendix but includes things like:
- Campaign history
- Pageview history
Can I link the data in Lift AI to my user data?
Out of the box, Lift AI is set up so applications can read and use the cookie to trigger a behaviour, such as invite the visitor to chat, but does not store the score in a user record in these applications, nor does it collect user data to store in the Lift AI database.
For customers that would like to collect the visitor score and update a field within those applications, you can use our API to do so. Please contact your client success manager for details on how to set this up.
How do we enforce and manage data privacy requests?
Help and Contact Information
- Client Success
Technical Professional Services