The purpose of this document is to outline how Lift AI’s integration with Google Analytics (GA) works alongside some of the key benefits to your business.
Are you using GA4 instead of GA3? All accounts from July 2023 onwards should be using GA4. Click here for GA4 instructions instead.
1) Full visibility of your website visitors’ buyer intent scores if they do not opt out of analytics tracking
2) The ability to cross-reference any GA reporting segment with Lift AI buyer intent scores.
Google Analytics is a powerful tool that enables you to see:
- Traffic Sources
- Audience Demographics
- User Behavior
- Mobile usage
- Conversion (or eCommerce) tracking
- Site Performance
With the Lift AI integration, you can now slice all these views by the Buyer Intent of the visitor. For Example, which traffic sources or audiences generate a higher % of High-Intent Visitors, or which pages are High-Intent Visitors consuming the most and more?
3) Ability to combine Lift AI buyer intent data to any other system you have integrated with GA.
This allows you to get feedback on the quality of traffic in key areas so you can take steps to accelerate your engagement with high buyer intent visitors while nurturing, supporting, or even filtering out low intent visitors from key sales or marketing processes.
For example, you may prioritize visitors who complete a contact us form if they are high intent versus low, or you may get a salesperson engaged in live chat if the visitors is high intent versus a chatbot for low intent.
What does Lift AI send to Google Analytics?
The data that Lift AI sends to Google Analytics is used to help website owners better understand their visitors and make informed decisions about how to optimize their website and their sales and marketing programs.
We do this by tagging each individual website visitor with a ‘Buyer Intent’ score, then passing that score into an ‘event’ in Google Analytics.
In addition, Lift AI can pass our unique “Anonymous Visitor ID” to Google Analytics. With this ID, you may be able to connect the information you have about these visitors in GA with information you have about these visitors in other systems.
GA3 Integration Guide
Integrate GA Via Lift AI Portal
- Step 1: Open the Integrations Page of Lift AI
- Step 2: Toggle the “Enable Google Analytics 3” button.
- Step 3: Login to Google Analytics credentials to authorize the connection, then press continue.
Within 24 hours, Lift AI scores will populate Google Analytics as events.
Viewing Lift AI Scores in Google Analytics
· Go tot he Behavior menu, then Events, to see the total number of events under the “Lift AI Score” event category.
· Use the event action to view event grouped into intent segments.
· Drilldown to the event label for specific score bands.
Google Analytics Events Report
View score data by going to the Behavior menu and then to Events. You will see an event category called Lift AI score. This will show the total number of scored events.
Then you can toggle to event action to see the Intent segments. This will group events into categories to give you a segmented view of your scores.
To get more granular data, you can drill down to Event Label which will show you the score band. All visitors are scored between 0 and 100 with 0 being the lowest intent and 100 being the highest. By seeing the specific score bands,you can customize your High, Mid, and Low intent groupings based on your data and the needs of your business.
Using Lift AI Intent Bands as Segments
- Automaticallycreate the Lift AI Segment in Google Analytics with this link.
- Apply the segments to any report by clicking “add a segment” and selecting the segment name.
- Sort and analyze data by buyer intent across different reports
Here are a couple of our favorites:
Other suggestions: channel, ads or campaign reporting
In addition to using Intent scores in Google Analytics reporting, you can also create custom google & remarketing audiences.
If you still need help regarding your GA3 or GA4 integration, please message our support team here.